A ONE OF A KIND EVENT
genesis open collegiate showcase | Monday, Feb. 10, 2020
The Genesis Open Collegiate Showcase is an opportunity for a collegiate golfer to play their way into the Genesis Open, and help win a $50,000 donation to support their university’s golf program.
2020 marks the sixth year of the Collegiate Showcase. Past team champions of the Collegiate Showcase include San Jose State (2019), University of Texas (2018 and 2016), Pepperdine University (2017) and University of Oregon (2015). Individual collegiate champions who earned an exemption into the Genesis Open include Lukas Euler (Kentucky) in 2019, Scottie Scheffler (Texas) in 2018, Sahith Theegala (Pepperdine) in 2017, Charlie Danielson (Illinois) in 2016 and Will Zalatoris (Wake Forest) in 2015.
What is the Genesis Open Collegiate Showcase?
- Who: the Genesis Open Collegiate Showcase features a top PGA TOUR professional and a standout collegiate golfer paired with two amateurs competing in both a team and individual competition.
- What: a pro-am style event featuring golfers, alumni/donors, and PGA TOUR pros representing a university.
- When: Monday, February 10, 2020
- Where: The Riviera Country Club
- Why: the teams professional and amateurs play a best-ball round with the top three-person team winning a $50,000 donation to the school’s golf program. The low collegiate golfer will earn an exemption into the 2018 Genesis Open and will round out the field of 120 players.
- How: Collegiate Showcase registration fee $25,000 per team. Can be paid by alumni/donors, or university
past Participants include:
Golf programs from: Arizona, Arizona State, Baylor, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Pepperdine, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, UNLV, USC, Wake Forest, Washington and Wyoming.
PGA TOUR pros: Paul Casey, Luke Donald, Jim Furyk, Bill Haas, Charley Hoffman, J.B. Holmes, Beau Hossler, Jordan Spieth, Jimmy Walker and more.
Each Showcase contestant receives:
- Premium gifting suite experience
- Invitation to a Collegiate Pro-Am kickoff dinner on Sunday, February 11
- Invitation to play a round of golf at a local country club with your team
- Breakfast, lunch and awards reception
- One (1) Monday-only valet parking pass
- Monday-only guest badge allowing access to pro-am dining
- Private locker room access
- Two (2) clubhouse tickets valid Thursday-Sunday
Kentucky's Lukas Euler earns spot in Genesis Open field via Collegiate Showcase
To say Lukas Euler’s golf career is trending in the right direction might be an understatement. In his second try at the Genesis Open’s Collegiate Showcase’s exemption, the Kentucky junior posted a 67 at Riviera Country Club to earn his first PGA Tour start.
For more information on the Genesis Open Collegiate Showcase or to register your team, please contact Anthony LaFica by email or by calling 310-573-5810